Turnaround Time

A PICTURE IS WORTH 1000 WORDS I hired Steve dba JERSEY CONTRACTING LLC, 510 NW 39TH AVENUE, DEERFIELD BEACH, FL 33442 561-400-4508 or 400 REDWOOD LANE, BOCA RATON or 7941 N FEDERAL HIGHWAY, SUITE C5 #104, BOCA RATON FL 33487 to renovate my condo in Highland Beach FL.The work he completed from his hire date on January 6, 2017 to his FIRE date MARCH 15, 2017 are check marked on his proposal.

See photo. Jersey demolished my kitchen, 2 bathrooms, and 98 sqft of walls. He laid 75 sq. ft.

of tile, removed and replaced 10 12x12 floor tiles, erected 8 metal studs, widened three doorways, and hung three bifold doors. His electrical subcontractor ran wiring for a microwave and under cabinets lighting but NEVER wired it either to the power source. In fact, the under cabinet lights were never installed. The electrical work was included in the proposal but Luger asked, “as a favor”, that we pay his electrical subcontractor.

We did. On February 28, Luger asked my 79 year old husband for a progress payment WITHOUT giving him an itemized bill. Because Luger was recommended by our neighbor (We live in New England) and we believed Luger to be a reputable contractor, my husband paid Luger a $10,250.00 progress payment. When I learned of this transaction I was HORRIFIED!

How could Luger justify a payment of $10,250 plus $750 ($11,000) payment when he only completed 1/5th of a $29,117 job in SEVEN WEEKS? (See photos) After cashing our check, Luger STOPPED WORKING leaving us with dangling electrical outlets and light switches, an open ceilings, demolished walls, unfinished woodwork, missing toe kicks on our cabinets/vanity and ripped out baseboard. See photos. When confronted Luger claimed he could not proceed because the Highland Beach Building Department was delaying the permit.

I called the building department to check his claim and learned that Mr. Luger DID NOT SUBMIT the required paperwork to obtain a permit. I also learned that Luger NEEDED a NOTICE OF COMMENCEMENT to demo my kitchen cabinets, vanities and walls. Most importantly, Luger could have continued working.

He did not install the cabinet/vanity toe kicks, the vanity hardware, change the light fixtures, replace the base board that he ripped off, patch the ceiling and the walls, tile the bathroom floors, plumb the kitchen faucet and washing machine, grout the laid tile, etc. See photos. In fact, I had to hire another company, Boca Certified Plumbing Service Inc, to plumb my kitchen sink. They came immediately and did a fantastic job.

I found it UNBELIEVABLE that Luger could demolish my kitchen cabinets and plumbing, rip out vanities and tear down closets that REQUIRED a permit but could not finish jobs that DID NOT REQUIRE a permit. I FIRED Jersey Contracting on March 15, 2017 after weeks of not working and little progress. On March 17, 2017, I emailed Luger demanding an itemized bill for the progress payment. On March 22, 2017, I received an itemized statement reflecting the HIGHEST cost in the area.

ODD! Luger’s bid was the lowest one submitted. On the “after the fact” itemized bill, Luger charged me $800 for Building permit that was never issued. Highland Beach Building Department DOES NOT COLLECT FEES UNTIL THE PERMIT IS ISSUED.

He also charged me for blueprints that I DRAFTED (See photo of my original work). Luger also charged $1077.00 for overhead and profit yet HE WORKS OUT OF HIS HOME and not the address registered with the state. Deerfield Beach FL is his residence. See photos.

I'm willing to pay top dollar for quality work. But, the work was shoddy. If I had not been monitoring him and insisted on change, I would have a raw cabinet end showing missing crown molding. He didn’t install the toe kicks leaving raw wood.

He also chipped the tile during installation and left it without telling me.

See photos and judge for yourself.HOMEOWNERS BEWARE!

Review about: Jersey Contracting Condo Repair.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Had an Experience with Jersey Contracting?

Comments

file with state contractors board. you can also possibly file against his bond I had a contractor do almost the same thing to me.

to Anonymous #1327524

Thanks for info! I did! They have assigned an investigator to the case.

to Anonymous #1328208

Also file on his bond if he owes money or consider small claims court

to Anonymous #1328553

Thanks for your ideas.I'm considering Small Claims but I need to find the statute of limitations as I am in NE until next fall.

I also don't have any information on his bond company.He won't release that information!

to Anonymous #1328981

I found bond information on the state board site.